Here are some of The Professor's favorite places to eat in Rome:
- Ristorante Target: What we like about this place is it's elegance and low prices. Near the Opera house. We like it even if Rick Steves likes it too. See https://www.targetrestaurant.it/
- Ristorante del Giglio: Also near the Opera house, the white-jacket waiters serve up portions of Tuscany influenced Italian fare. See http://www.ristorantegiglio.it/en/
- Restaurant da Pancrazio: Lovely Italian food adjacent to Campo di Fiori. Julia Roberts ate here while filming "Eat, Pray, Love". See: http://www.dapancrazio.it/
- Ristorante all Rampa: When finished climbing the Spanish Steps, stop by for a relaxing meal. Nothing fancy and probably not the best food in Italy, but we just like the place. See http://www.allarampa.com/
- Il Forno: Listen to these 5 words: THE BEST PIZZA IN ITALY. They sell it by weight at the top of Campo di Fiori. No website.
- Er Buchetto: There must be a reason why there is always a line in front of this tiny sandwich shop near Termini train station. It is because of the best porchetta sandwiches in Rome. No website.
If going to Italy, take a copy of Eating and Drinking in Italian. Not only are the restaurant recommendations excellent, Andy Herbach's menu translator is invaluable.
Join The Professor on his next small group tour to Italy.